Property West Residential is seeking a dynamic individual with strong work ethics and team spirit to immediately fill the position of property staff accountant who will be responsible for a dedicated portfolio. This individual must be hands-on, result driven and possess solid time management skills. The property staff accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and when required by the General Manager.
Qualifications: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements define the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: The equivalent combination of education and experience in the Accounting field that demonstrates the ability to perform all required responsibilities of the position.
Job Knowledge and Skills: Advanced working skills with Word and Excel required. Knowledge of basic accounting functions using current accounting software plus real estate or property management industry-related experience preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format with internal and external staff as well as with vendors and banking personnel. Excellent organizational and time management skills required. Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced and demanding environment, while maintaining a positive and supportive attitude at all times. Establish, track and meet deadlines.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform their direct job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The work is described as light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to sit up to 8 hours a day and/or frequently, stand, walk, reach forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Must have close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
PROPERTY STAFF ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
• Management and control of all items related to accounting functions of the portfolio properties assigned.
• Review of all property bank accounts; funding, stop payments, research, reconciliations, communication with bank personnel and overall administration of accounts.
• Orientation and training in relation to direct administrative/accounting duties with onsite staff.
• Process checks for A/P of assigned portfolio and generate corresponding reporting.
• Administer and finalize all Security Deposit Disposition Refunds or monies owed timely and accurately; enforce collection procedures with onsite staff.
• Perform monthly financial analysis and reporting for assigned portfolio.
• Process Month-end timely and accurately.
• Ensure all invoicing is timely and accurately paid.
• Maintain a uniformed work station and cross-train on all assignments and duties to ensure coverage is supportive to all team members in their absence as needed or assigned.
• Carry out strict confidentiality when handling sensitive financial reporting, information and/or correspondence relating to the company or any staff related issue.
• Report to work timely on a daily basis and immediately report any delays to the HR manager who will inform all required supervisors.
Property West Residential promotes values that guide our behavior as individuals and as a team, and embody the principles that deliver winning performance! If you are looking for stability, growth and career enhancement, please apply today!